HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS
HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS
- Involutional alopecia is a natural condition in which the hair gradually thins with age. More hair follicles go into the resting phase, and the remaining hairs become shorter and fewer in number.
- Androgenic alopecia is a genetic condition that can affect both men and women. Men with this condition, called male pattern baldness, can begin suffering hair loss as early as their teens or early 20s. It’s characterized by a receding hairline and gradual disappearance of hair from the crown and frontal scalp. Women with this condition, called female pattern baldness, don’t experience noticeable thinning until their 40s or later. Women experience a general thinning over the entire scalp, with the most extensive hair loss at the crown.
- Alopecia areata often starts suddenly and causes patchy hair loss in children and young adults. This condition may result in complete baldness (alopecia totalis). But in about 90% of people with the condition, the hair returns within a few years.
- Scarring alopecias result in permanent loss of hair. Inflammatory skin conditions (cellulitis, folliculitis, acne), and other skin disorders (such as some forms of lupus and lichen planus) often result in scars that destroy the ability of the hair to regenerate. Hot combs and hair too tightly woven and pulled can also result in permanent hair loss.
Hair Loss is treated using:
Growth factors are injected into the scalp to stimulate hair growth from the hair follicle. DermaPen can also be used to stimulate hair growth by using the Growth Factors as a serum to apply during treatment.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Blood is drawn from the patient and centrifuged, the Platelet Rich Plasma is injected into the scalp which stimulates hair growth. This is used in combination with DermaPen and FotoAge Light therapy to achieve the most successful results.
Hair Filler is a combination of Hyaluronic Acid and a Specialised Peptide Complex which is injected into the dermal layer of the scalp. This promotes blood circulation in the scalp and revitalizes hair follicles and induces hair growth by increasing the size of the hair follicle and stops hair loss.
Indications for Hair Filler:
- Men and Women who have general thinning hair
- Male and Female Alopecia patients
- Hair transplant recipients who want to increase survival rate
- Alopecia patients who want to have a Synergic effect combined with other applications for anti-hair loss/hair regrowth
Hair Loss Homecare Solutions
All treatments can be used in combination with home care treatments that are specifically tailored to each person’s case. Products such as Minoxidil are used to enhance the results of the treatments that are offered.
Cnr Athol Oaklands Road and Fort Street